Gecko 1.9M8 is coming soon, here is a summary of the most significant Mac OS X improvements in this release:
- Focus issues have been sorted out, the annoying can’t-type-in-textfields bug is gone.
- Native form control improvements. Forms look and function better than ever. Fixes to CSS-stylabity as well.
- Performance improvements in various areas (including launch time, the menu bar, and graphics/drawing).
- Lots of text rendering fixes.
- Windows, tooltips, and context menus should behave better on multiple-monitor systems.
For Gecko1.9M9 on Mac OS X we will be focusing on the following areas in particular:
- Key handling (menu shortcuts, event propagation, event targeting)
- Browser responsiveness, perceived performance. Bug 395397 in particular will hopefully lead to a much smoother experience for our users. We won’t pause pageloads whenever users click or open menus, we won’t stop plugins from playing/updating (think YouTube) when users are clicking elsewhere or interacting with menus.
- More work on rendering native form controls, particularly under transformations such as transparency, rotation, and scaling.
- Dependent/modal window behavior.